Camping Equipment Blog Information, news and tips on camping equipment.
Three Cliffs Bay
One of the best things about living in the UK is the incredible diversity of its coastline. OK, so we may not have the best weather but that does not deter us Brits from going out and making the most of our beautiful beaches. Summer will be here soon enough, so now is the time to start planning a beach camping trip for the family.
Unfortunately, most authorities across the country will not allow camping on the beach itself but to be honest, the notion of waking up with sand in places you’d rather it didn’t (and a lack of bathroom!) is not the most thrilling. There is a fantastic alternative of course and that is pitching your tent at a campsite by the beach. But where should we go? Here are ten top camping sites for you to make the most of.
1. Ok, perhaps I am biased as I live here, but the Gower in Swansea is truly beautiful with incredible views and gorgeous beaches. Three Cliffs Bay is a spectacular spot and its campsite has won awards such as “Number One View from a Campsite in the World”. The campsite has excellent facilities and is close (but not too close!) to the city.
2. Bay View campsite site in Cornwall is another wonderful camping spot, overlooking the beautiful Looe Bay. There is a coast path situated by the entrance to the campsite and kids (and adults too!) will love the prize-winning Shire horses in the field opposite the site. Facilities include ladies and gents toilets and shower blocks, as well as a laundry room.
3. Trevornick, another Cornwall campsite, is situated within walking distance to Holywell beach and is five miles from Newquay. Facilities at this site include heated swimming pool, health spa, kids club, golf course, fishing lake and a variety of shops and restaurants. You can also take your dog!
4. If you don’t mind carrying your items and walking lots, Seagull campsite on Herm Island, Guernsey is a beautiful site. You cannot take cars onto Herm so will have to carry your items on the boat, but a tractor will meet you to transport your items to the campsite (which is huge). There are spectacular beaches and being one of the Channel Islands, the climate is the warmest in Britain.
5. For surfing lovers, St David’s in Pembrokeshire is a great place to camp. Lleithyr Farm campsite is situated half a mile from the beach, Whitesands and less than 2 miles from the Cathedral city of St David’s. There is an onsite shop, good male and female showers and toilets, a launderette and Wi-Fi throughout the site.
6. Clachtoll Beach campsite is situated in about 100 metres from the beach, five miles from the village Lochinver, Sutherland. Facilities include toilet and shower facilities, laundry, sinks for dishwashing and dogs are welcome. This area of outstanding natural beauty is not one to be missed!
7. Manor Farm in Norfolk is another excellent campsite, a short walk from the beach and the seaside town of Cromer. Great facilities and a good play area for children.
8. For camping in Devon, Bolberry House Farm is a spacious camp site with beautiful sea views, situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty. Easy walking distance to National Trust coastal paths and facilities include ladies and gents showers and toilets, utility area and a dishwashing room plus play area for children.
9. Holburne Blue Anchor in Somerset has beautiful sea views on one side of the park country views on the other. There are excellent facilities at this holiday park and plenty of fun activities for the family, including crazy golf, fishing, an indoor pool and an adventure playground.
10. Take a trip to the Isles of Scilly and visit Troytown Farm campsite. An absolutely stunning location with incredible views across the Atlantic. As well as the typical facilities at a campsite, there is the added benefit of secure lockers and power points. If you don’t fancy lugging your own camping gear to this site, Troytown offers rentable canvas bell tents, fitted with air-beds, camping stove, cool box, table and chairs, kitchenware and even buckets and spades for the kids!